These gorgeous Navy soldiers got out of their uniforms and had a Romantic nuptial whimsical garden in old Town Alexandria, Virginia. It was just the two of them and the officiant performing the ceremony. And let me just tell you how dreamy it all was! My associate photographer Dee and I couldn't help but love every aspect of it all. No guests, no stress, just hugs and kisses under the sun! HOOAH!! Love Wins!
Fall and spring are two of the most popular times of the year for engagement photos. Spring blooms and fall leaves are gorgeous, so it’s a great time to schedule your photo session!
Engagement photo sessions are also usually the first time you work with your photographer, and the first time you and your fiance have professional photos taken together. That can be super-exciting….but it can also make brides and grooms a little nervous because you don’t know what to expect, what to do, how to act, or what to wear.
I can’t tell you how many times couples have arrived at photo sessions, and they’ve told us how nervous they are. But, by the time we’re in the middle of the session, they say how easy it is and how much fun they’re having! We really try our best to make it a fun, relaxed photo session where couples can be themselves. That’s the sweet spot where we get great photos of you, who you are as an individual and also as a couple.
Engagement photo shoots help us build rapport with you before the wedding day. We also often find that couples are more relaxed about photos when the wedding day arrives because they’ve already worked with us at their engagement photo shoot. You are more relaxed in front of our cameras, and you know what to expect!
Many couples have two outfits for their engagement session. They start the photo session wearing dressy clothes, and then change into more casual clothes (or vice versa). Consider bringing an outfit to change into mid-way through your session.
Suggestions on What to Wear
- Choose comfortable clothes: If you’re not comfortable, it will be noticeable in the pictures. Also, wear comfortable shoes if your location will include a lot of walking. But don’t wear tennis shoes! More like choose to wear cute flats or boots with a low heel rather than 5-inch stilettos.
- Choose clothing that compliments your personality: Make sure your clothes look like “you” and fit your personality.
- Coordinate your clothing with each other: Wear clothes that are the same level of “dressyness.” and wear similar shades that compliment each other. Choose clothes that look best on you.
- Choose clothes to compliment your location: If you are taking pictures in a field or the mountains, consider clothes with more natural colors. And if you are taking pictures in a downtown area, you might consider more urban clothes with bolder colors.
- Choose colors that compliment your skin tone: For example, if you have light skin, white clothing can wash out your complexion in photographs.